When Family Comes A-Callin'

Last weekend, I had some special visitors come visit. So special that I didn't take any pictures of them. Total fail. My mom, sister, niece, and my nieces lovely friend came down Saturday afternoon to spend the night.

We did a LOT of shopping, wandering around different parts of Portland, hitting a lot of great places that they haven't been to before. 

For lunch, we stumbled upon the Mac & Cheesery, where you can get any number of random foods mixed in with your macaroni & cheese. I love the decor - check out the lunchboxes on the walls:

The serving sizes were ridiculous - go if you are super hungry or need leftovers!

Veggie mac - spinach, peas, broccoli, onions - and I added chicken (of course)
The weather was PERFECT and we were able to walk all over - no rain in Oregon in February when you have company come to town? It's like a Xmas miracle.
Random super-sized whisk hanging in a house entryway. No idea...
Have you heard of Voodoo Donuts? It's pretty famous for donuts. There is a line around the block everytime I've been by there. We stuck it out and joined the line to get some famous donuts. They have a lot of cereal types-if you like capt crunch, they have one flavored just for you, with a light frosting that is the glue to attach more cereal on top. They also are famous for the "cock-n-balls" donut. It is what it sounds like. My sister and teenage niece had a discussion about whether it would be appropriate for my sister to take one to a man she works with who always brings her donuts. They decided against it (good call).
We visited Powells Books, which some of you may know of. If you like books - you should know of them. They have any book you could ever want, used and new. The store takes up nearly an entire city block and is four stories. If I lived downtown, I would probably go to Powells at least once a week and just wander. There is so much to see!

After a busy day of shopping, we went to night owl bingo - it starts at 11pm and goes til about 2am. We had a good time, though I was the only one in our group to win. I had a bingo at the same time as someone else, so had to share my big winnings and ended up getting only $37 - but it paid for my entertainment for the night so that's a successful night.
They have this inside the bathroom....no comment.
While shopping, my niece found these killer leopard print hooker shoes. She's adorable - and looks great in hooker shoes! Look at her tiny little legs! She can now be taller than the entire family.
We had this amazing brunch on Sunday - we were pretty hungry and I didn't stop to take any photos, but I got this one of my mom's hot chocolate. It was as delicious as it looks!
My sister fell in love with this lampshade. My new goal for 2012 is to make this:

A great weekend with the family!
And next weekend is my birthday party!!!! And THEN------the weekend after that----my Andrew comes home for a visit!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Kaylen's mom said...:

    We had a wonderful time visiting you! Love you.

  1. A trip to there, including Voodoo Donuts, is on my bucket list.

  1. Denis said...:

    As a kid I loved Macaroni and Cheese.
    Adult me still loves it. So North Portland location, not that far

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails