Congratulations and Good Luck, Kaylen!

I got this email today at 9:00am:

Congratulations and welcome, Kaylen!You’re going to do such an awesome job. JI’ll let the respite department know that you’re ready to go, and you should be hearing from them this week.



I got this email today at 4:00pm (after a brief phone conversation):


Hello Kaylen! Thank you for having < name withheld > for respite this Friday through Monday morning (3/23 – 3/26am).  I have attached his respite referral for you to review and have on-file.


Can you believe this?? It's HAPPENING.

Friday after work, I will be meeting a teenager who will live with me for the weekend. In my home. A stranger. In my home overnight. For 3 nights. With just me.

Am I ready for this???
Is he going to hate me? What if I ruin him? What if he ruins my desire to foster? What if it's so great that I feel like everyone else in the world is wasting their time by not fostering? 

Who knows what will happen...I just hope that I am able to offer him a very stable and kind place to stay for the weekend and that I somehow make a small difference in the life of someone in need.
Stay tuned for more...



5 comments:

  1. Natalie said...:

    I am so excited for you! You are such a great person, lady! Not a lot of people would do what you are doing. Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

  1. Cannot wait to hear how things go for you!

  1. Donna George said...:

    You are going to have such a great time being a foster parent. You will experience things you could have never imagined before. I speak from experience as a mom to 2 adopted kids, 1 foster kid, 2 step-kids, and a birth child. It is a roller coaster. You probably will not get as much since you are doing respite, but still.

    p.s. I read your About Me page, and I think we are best friends. (For example, I tend to actually laugh at loud at stuff many people don't find too funny, and I sing out loud in the grocery store, which is why I always end up going alone cause my kids are old enough to refuse to go.) Too bad we live on diametrically opposite ends of the country (me in Florida). But keep in touch.

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    You are spectacular, if I could I would go live with you.

  1. TQ said...:

    So excited for you! You are going to be the BEST at this :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails