The Next Stage of my Career Begins Soon!

I wrote last month about my job history and how slightly nomadic I have been in my adult life.I feel like most of the career choices I have made have really just happened naturally and it wasn't typical that I would actually be out *looking* for a job, a new one just came about...it's been great. I haven't yet regretted any of the career choices I've made.

And hopefully I will be able to continue to say that.

Last Monday, I gave notice at my current employer, where I have been since September of 2008. In the 3.5 yrs I've been at this company, I have held three positions, transferred to a new team once, been promoted once, and met a ton of wonderful people. It's a really great company, I have just a couple reasons to leave but I have a ton more reasons why I would stay. But alas, I got an email alert from Indeed.com with a job opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. And it's really great to feel valued and wanted by someone else. During one of my interviews, the woman said to me (not about me taking a new job)-it's not that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, it's just a different shade of green. And you might not love that green best when you get there, but sometimes it's just really nice to go experience that new shade. Life is short...

It looks to be a good, solid company that's been around for 100 years. It's worldwide, with over 15,000 employees. The job itself will give me more opportunity for development than is available in my current role, and more importantly, it will give me the chance to travel. It was a VERY hard decision, and one that I wasn't really 100% sold on, but the 95% I was feeling good about was really enticing.

And now I have just four days left. I'm excited, but nervous. I'm happy, but sad. Change is hard.

I think it will be a great experience for me though and I am looking onward and upward to great things happening in my career.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck for your career, I want to know which professional field have you selected?

  1. Tracy said...:

    Kaylen,
    you never know where any job will lead...good for you and your risk taking! It will be a great adventure!

  1. Wow! Mazel Tov on all your new adventures!

  1. How thrilling for you! Good luck!

  1. Vidya Sury said...:

    So happy for you, Kaylen! Your new assignment is going to be just great!
    My best wishes to you! :-)

  1. Denis said...:

    That was very courageous but also cool that you're trying something else for fun. I like you're looking up at the trees picture because it's unique

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails