Once a Midwestern, Always a Midwestern

My parents have left me!!!!
My parents are both from the midwest, more specifically Iowa, and though they have lived on the west coast for decades now - Iowa is their home. And it is time (apparently) for them to go home. We all knew this would happen, but that doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye.

We went up to their house last week and spent some quality time doing what we love to do as a family - playing games, laughing, eating, taking pictures.

And as of this morning - my parents no longer live on the west coast. I can no longer drive three hours and be at their house. So sad.

But on the plus side, when we do go to visit them, we will also be visiting a plethora of other relatives who live in Iowa. And eating tons of sweet corn. And seeing the stars better than you can possibly see them near a big city.

We're sad to see them go - but we are all very happy for them to be heading back "home."

West Coast Grandkids


Uncle Mike was in town visiting-FROM IOWA.


Duchesneau siblings (some of them anyway)


My sister and dad
We headed down to the waterfront to take a short walk and enjoy some good company....until it started to rain on us, of course.



My handsome son ziplining on the small childs play equipment.

My beautiful niece, Alyssa
Hopefully we will be visiting Iowa for Thanksgiving. It's been a long time since I went 5 months without seeing my parents. I will miss them!!!

1 comments:

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    Wow, you and your sister definitely resemble each other. Wishing your parents much happiness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails