A Short Hike in the Wildwood Recreation Area


Today wasn't the most gorgeous of summer days (oh, is it summer? I'm not sure I have proof of that...), but I managed to be a little less lazy today as I could have been on an overcast Sunday and went out to visit the Wildwood Recreation Area out near Mt Hood, Oregon. 

I stopped and picked up a young friend and her momma and off we went into the great world of nature.





Clover was EVERYWHERE in this forest!!






 Adrienne enjoys a good spirited random song and dance, even in the woods, where she got down with her bad self.
The park has a posting up of recent appearances by local wildlife. If you look at this closely, you'll see that they had a mountain lion siting just a couple weeks ago! That's not scary, right? 


We didnt' see any of those wildlife, but my friend did save a slimy creature from certain death. If we had voted, I'm not sure I would have saved a snail - as I see them, and their cousins The Slug family, in my garden much too often. In the interest of kindness though, we let this one live (also, there was no vote taken but if there had been, I would have been outvoted).
 We also saw some baby salmon and crawfish at an underground viewing spot.

And no visit to a recreation area would be complete without a visit to the playground.

Happy Sunday, ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to spend the day! It looks like a lovely place.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    looks like someone is having fun...smiles...no bears or mountain lions though right? smiles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails