Yet Another Job, Kaylen? Yes, Yes, I Think So!

I guess I am in the best spot ever of my career. I've got quite a lot of training under my belt for a particular HRIS software and have two implementations under my belt, both global. And so it is that I have come to find myself in a position where I am free to be happy with my life choices.

I just started my current job early summer last year, however, I'm not 100% happy with the company for a few reasons. But who ever is? Is that even possible? I am still new at my company so I don't even know if I would be able to stay there long-term, but sometimes, even though you aren't looking for something better - it just happens to be made available to you. So it wasn't really a plan of mine to leave my current job, certainly not so soon - until I saw an opening by an NGO.

An NGO is basically a nonprofit. This one is funded by multiple government agencies, amongst other groups, but has no leadership from the government, it's completely independently run. The most common definition of an NGO:  a framework that includes orientation and level of operation. An NGO's orientation refers to the type of activities it takes on. These activities might include human rights, environmental, or development work. An NGO's level of operation indicates the scale at which an organization works, such as local, international or national.

I will be working for an international NGO that works in many countries helping refugees. Doing amazing work all over the world. This is where I need to be.

And with the software system that I love working with...and it includes international travel, which I crave. How could I walk away from this love trifecta?

It is but a dream.....and yet it is real. And it is happening soon. Stay tuned for amazing pictures from my travels - starting with a jaunt to New York next month!!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! This is so perfect for you!

  1. Denis said...:

    Congrats on new job. Non-profit NGO is you too!

  1. Natalie said...:

    I am so happy for you! I'm glad that this company saw how awesome you are. :) I can't wait for our lunches in Europe and Antarctica (oh yeah, we'll make it happen).

  1. Congratulations on this new opportunity. I hope we'll get to hear about your travels!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails