Portland is the Place to Be for Me

I remember when I was living in South Korea and the kid and I returned to the states for the holidays. I visited with friends in Portland and told them - after living in the countryside for the last 10 months, I can't imagine living back in this city. There's just so much...CONCRETE. And buildings EVERYWHERE. And all these people just sitting in their cars every day. But then I ended up back here by the roll of the dice. And now I can't imagine living elsewhere.


We have these amazing trees!!!
And SO MANY parks to run and play in!!!


And you'll randomly come across someone walking their pet goats!





And we have views like this from just about ten minutes from anywhere you happen to be.

There are some really amazing Portland-esque things to see - in North Portland, there is this house that has a paper-mache 4-d face created on the front of it that they then painted to look like a puzzle!

This tv is out front of a convenience store, chained to the bike rack and all painted and grafitti'd. And it just  lives out front like this always.


The wildlife is all around us! I always see squirrels running along my fence - and one day this monster raccoon just rambled on by like it was no big thang.
 
 
A toilet. On a street corner. Doing no harm.

Big flowing cloth curtains OUTSIDE the house! Love it!!

Chickens are abundant in Portland. They live a happy carefree life in peoples yards, even in the city limits.


2 comments:

  1. Lenore Webb said...:

    Oh how I would thrive in a art filled community too. love it girl...then live it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails