Every Office Needs a Pet!

After a long week, I am off to relax!

One of the best ways to explore a new city is by public transportation and so I bought a bus ticket to take me almost five hours north of Kuala Lumpur to go exploring.
When I came to KL in July, I stayed in the city on my one free weekend. And then I learned of an orangutan sanctuary up north of the city. I love me some monkeys!

Yesterday, while training, I nearly overturned the table when I saw a monkey crawling by inside the rafters of our building. It was by far the best moment at work. Maybe of my entire career. Monkeys do NOT just come walking by.
This was my view before almost knocking over the cobference table, right after I screamed MONKEY!

I had to go follow him...and he was perched here, waiting for the photo opp.

And then he made a hideously mean face and ran towards us...this is the pic as I was screaming and running away.


All he wanted was to check out the bag of potential monkey goodies.

Cute, but fierce!

Doin what monkeys do- mischievous little monkey!



4 comments:

  1. Bijoux said...:

    I've never encountered a monkey out in public, but I'm guessing I might scream and run.

  1. Vidya Sury said...:

    Kaylen - I love me some monkeys too - so long as we have a good strong barrier. There used to be a time when a bunch of them would pass through our place every afternoon. I remember one of them got so aggressive - one of the neighbors was shooing it away - and it jumped right into our balcony and ripped one of my favorite tops from the clotheslines to shreds. :D They get so angry quite easily.

    How is Andrew doing? Love, Vidya

  1. carma said...:

    How cute is that monkey! How fun to work in the midst of nature. I love that you are so adventurous :-)

  1. I'd have reacted the same way to see a monkey like that! How cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails